STEM is important in our daily lives, and it impacts all aspect of our lives, from smart phones to laptops, automobiles to spaceships. As technology advances, the demand for STEM-skilled professionals is increasing. However, most children show little interest in learning STEM. This is because children are unconsciously afraid of STEM subjects, and STEM is not taught properly in schools. To overcome this challenge and encourage children to learn STEM concepts, this article suggests some of the greatest STEM programs for children, which will help them in learning all of the STEM principles in a hands-on manner.
Why STEM Education is important for kids
- STEM education encourages kids to engage in the maker movement and trains them how to think and create products on their own.
- STEM enables children to apply and learn concepts in a practical scenario, resulting in a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of the concepts. And encourage them to take a fresh look at the world around them.
- STEM activities encourage children to engage in hands-on learning, making math and science more fun and interesting.
- With the support of STEM, children will learn 21st-century skills such as communication, computer programming, social skills, and so on.
- STEM kits allow children to bring their imaginations to life in the real world. STEM kits provides endless opportunities for children, encouraging them to think outside the box.
Best STEM initiatives for kids
India STEM Challenge
The challenges and competitions just have a way of making us better, India STEM challenge is designed with a focus to provide a unique platform for young creative minds to demonstrate their innovative STEM knowledge and skills by competing towards success. The challenge is open to all STEM enthusiasts to spark the spirit of competition and naturally initiate important habits of mind in STEM education.
STEM Computer programs for kids
Teaching Computer coding for kids improves their math, logical thinking, and analytical skills. This also helps kids to understand how a computer or mobile phone works rather than just using it. In this era of technology, computer coding has become the basic skill that STEM computer programs help children to learn coding in a fun and easy way by developing games, animations, and interactive applications.
STEM innovation challenge
India STEM Innovation provides you with a platform to show off your contributions and impeccable skills in STEM. As the name reveals, it’s a Innovation a flexible way, an innovative approach to inspire the STEM learner in you. To contest in STEM Innovation Challenge, participants can register online and submit their entries of innovations, using Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths.
STEM Based robotic classes
Robotics involves STEM kits where kids get the opportunity to work with hardware components and build STEM projects. This also improves their self-confidence and product development skills as kids get to work with hardware components and build projects from scratch.
Learn more about STEM missions and initiatives from : http://indiastemmission.com/