Following a spike in COVID cases in China, Japan, and the United States, the Indian Medical Association issued an advisory urging people to practice COVID-appropriate behavior with immediate effect. Nearly 5.37 lakh new cases have been reported in the last 24 hours from major countries including the United States, Japan, South Korea, France, and Brazil. However, cases in India remained low as the country saw 145 new cases in the last 24 hours out of which four cases are the new China variant – BF.7.
The Medical Association has issued a warning to its state and local branches to take the necessary steps in the event of a COVID outbreak in their areas. The IMA also urged all of its members to work proactively, as they have in the past, to combat the outbreak.
The IMA assured that 3.5 lakh doctors in its association are committed to fighting back and overcoming the virus across the country. It also assured that it would fully cooperate with the government in all kinds of preventive and curative measures.
Lets now check COVID ‘Appropriate Behaviour’ Guidelines People Need to Follow
- Face masks are to be used in all public places.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- Regular hand washing with soap and water or sanitizers.
- Public gatherings like marriages, political or social meetings, etc. to be avoided.
- Avoid International travel.
- Consult the doctor in case of any symptoms like fever, sore throat, cough, loose motions, etc.
- Get your COVID vaccination including the precautionary dose at the earliest.
- Follow the government advisory issued from time to time.