- DigiYatra is a digital service for passengers travelling via flight.
- The service uses facial recognition technology to process air travellers during boarding service.
- DigiYatra is currently available at Delhi T3, Bengaluru, and Varanasi airports.
The IGI airport is witnessing an increase in daily passengers because of the holiday season. As a result, travelers are facing long queues on boarding, checking, security stops, and disarray during rush hour. To control the situation, airport authorities and airlines have requested air travelers to come 3 hours before their flight departure. Yet things will take time to settle down. If you are also taking a flight from IGI T3 and want to save time and avoid getting stuck in congestion, you can use the DigiYatra facility.
The DigiYatra facility is a new project from the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MIA) that allows for contactless air travel. The service went live on December 1st at a few airports, including Delhi T3, Bengaluru, and Varanasi. By March 2023, the DigiYatra service will be expanded to further airports, including Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and Vijayawada.
How to create your DigiYatra ID
- Download the DigiYatra app by Digi Yatra Foundation available for both Android and iOS
- Next, register yourself using your Aadhar-linked mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Next, you can link your ID credentials on the app using DigiLocker or the offline Aadhaar option.
- To complete the process the app will prompt you to take a selfie picture. Take a clear selfie and upload it in the app to verify your facial ID linked to your Aadhaar.
- If you have an upcoming air trip add your flight details. You will have to share the details further during the departure process at the airport.
- After creating your DigiYatra ID, you will have to go to the registration kiosk at the airport to validate the ID. If you have submitted Aadhaar details during sign-up, the verification will be done online as the Aadhaar card already has biometric information. On the contrary, if you have shared another ID, CISF will manually verify it. Once the details are verified, your details will be added to the DigiYatra app for future travel.
How to check in at the airport using DigiYatra
- If you are traveling from Delhi Airport on Terminal 3-
- Enter the e-gate at the airport dedicated to boarding passengers with Digi Yatra ID.
- Share and scan the bar-coded Boarding Pass For Mobile Boarding Pass.
- Next, verify your identity at the Face Recognition System (FRS) installed e-gate camera.
- After verification, the e-gate will open and you will be able to enter the airport.
- Drop your luggage at the check-in desk and then proceed towards the DigiYatra Gate.
- Here you will have to again verify the identity via the Face Recognition System (FRS) installed e-gate camera.
- The e-gate will open to allow you in for a security check after successful validation.