Google announced the first-ever Google Assistant-enabled end-to-end vaccine booking flow in India
Users will be able to register for and book vaccination appointments in their native language using Google Assistant.
Google announced the first-ever Google Assistant-enabled end-to-end vaccine booking flow in India on Thursday. Google stated that its goal is to assist individuals in accessing information when they need it. Users will be able to register for and book vaccination appointments in their native language using Google Assistant.
Prabhakar Raghavan, Senior Vice President during the Google for India event noted that Google strives to help its users by reducing barriers to information and by reducing complexity through innovation in speech recognition and language understanding. ”The flow will help a relatively new internet user to book an appointment in a more guided way,” Raghavan noted.
During the second wave of the pandemic, Google Maps assisted in increasing the visibility of Covid hospitals across 10,000 hospitals in India. Raghavan highlighted that Google was able to help people on a community level by surfacing vital health information, supporting public health awareness initiatives, and assisting those in need with financial assistance.
Users should follow the steps outlined below to register for or schedule a slot for the Covid 19 vaccination. Google Assistant will provide voice instructions in the language selected by the user:
- Enter Covid 19 vaccination into Google Search.
Turn on Google Assistant.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Continue to the next step.
- Enter the name, birth date, and Aadhar number of the person you wish to register for the vaccination.
- On the Cowin portal, click Schedule and enter the pin code.
- Select from the vaccine’s Paid and Free categories, as well as the vaccination you want to use.
- Choose a time and confirm it.